Solar Hot Dog Cooker
Curved Model 1:
Curved Model 2:
Large Box Model:
Step One -
Step Two -
Step Three -
Hot Dog Cooking Info - Guiding Questions:
How long is an average hot dog?
Does the angle of the sun on your cooker affect the design? Elaborate..,
How can I make my cooker stable and safe to operate?
How do I "connect" the hot dog to the solar cooker?
How might I tell if my hot dog is cooked all the way through?
What curved shape might work best to "focus" light? Why?
How long might it take to cook a hot dog? Estimate...
Will geographical location matter? Explain your answer...
Materials List - Limiting Conditions
- 20" x 30" foam board - 1 sheet
- 8.5" x 11" card stock - 1 sheet
- 12" x 12" aluminum foils - 1 sheet
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Spray fixative - 1 canister
- 15" long wire (from hanger) - 1 piece
- Utility knife and new blades
- Graph paper (4 or 5 grid) - multiple pieces
- Thumb tack - 1 tack
- Pencil and various markers (Sharpie Style)
- Calculator (optional but desirable)
- Computer with internet access